- 2013 Gold Award from Garden Writers Association: Best Magazine Writing
- 2012 Winner for Best Gardening Blog in the About.com Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2009 Blotanical Awards: Best Texas Blog; Best Drought-Tolerant Blog
- 2009 April: Picture This Photo Contest
- 2008 Blotanical Awards: Best Photography; Best Drought-Tolerant Blog; Most User-Friendly Blog
- 2008 Mouse & Trowel Awards: Best Photography in a Garden Blog; Best Garden Blog Design
- 2007 Mouse & Trowel Awards: Best Design; Best Photography; Best North American Garden Blog
What People Are Saying
“This is the kind of powerfully prurient stuff that makes repressed Northeastern gardeners want to leave their homes, jobs, and families and start living some cowboy-, agave-, and beer-focused Texas life. It ought to be outlawed.”
– Michele Owens of Garden Rant
“Discovering your blog is one of the best things that happened since I started this cyber gardening journey. You make me a better blogger, by constantly putting out remarkable posts that delight and inspire. I’m proud to be a regular Digger!”
– Ivette Soler of The Germinatrix
“Thanks for putting your garden “out there” for us to enjoy. The photography and overall design of the site are absolutely beautiful.”
– Tom Spencer of Soul of the Garden
“Digging is one of those blogs you just want to linger over. Pam’s photography is stunning, her blog is colorful and easy to navigate, and her personality and warmth are prevalent in every single post….What draws us to Digging is Pam’s obvious love of plants, her attention to detail, her eye for beauty, and her enthusiasm as she takes us along with her, whether she’s in her garden or out around town in Austin. For a little while, we’re all Austin gardeners.”
– Colleen Vanderlinden of In the Garden Online
“Garden blogging group, started in Austin, grows,”
Austin American-Statesman, June 29, 2012, by Diana Kirby.
“Rose Meets Cactus,” Gardening How-To, July/August 2010.
Interviewed by Elizabeth Noll. Photographs of my garden by Rob Cardillo.